I'm sure all you Somerholics know that in December of 2010, Ian set up The Ian Somerhalder Foundation. But do you know what they do? Do you know how you can help?
To tell you exactly what the ISF does, I thought I would let Ian tell you himself;
"This IS Foundation aimes to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures."
"We are a team, a group of people, who view the environment as an interconnected organism of which we are not separate but a part of. There is no differentiation between all living things: trees, rivers, animals and humans. We are all one interdependent organism.
The global problems and challenges we are facing are infinitely interconnected and co-dependent, therefore our solutions and actions must be enacted in an interconnected manner. There are numerous causes, many campaigns and organizations aiming to encourage change, which includes ending deforestation, planting trees, eliminating pesticides and healing our planet. How many of thses organizations or campaigns team up to become a united spirit of change?
Nature does not behave independently. It works in unison with all its elements. Working independently to transform our planet is like trying to play a violin without strings. Communities of businesses, organizations, people and projects must begin to connect resources and skills to passions and projects. This IS Foundation will behave in full collaborative spirit by joining with other Non-Profit, For-Profit and governing bodies globally.
- Distributing funds and resources towards global conservation, green energy development/ deployment and educational tools.
- Creating awareness that global deforestation can be seen as a national/ international and global security risk.
- Creating mobility by engaging and supporting of the most powerful, yet disregarded, disrespected and overlooked population on the planet - our youth.
- Ending animal cruelty, and promoting programs such as: 'species specific sterilization drugs', transferring and re-training of abandoned animals into assistive and therapy guides.
- Supporting and creating sustainable strategies for 'no-kill shelters'."
After reading this inspirational opening, do you want to help save the world with the Ian Somerhalder?
Here's how you can help;
If you want to offer your services, whether it be with the environment or the animals then email firstname.lastname@example.org
If volunteering isn't your kind of thing, then why don't you donate a bit of money to help Ian and his team in their mission to save our beautiful planet. Visit their website to find out how.
Do non of the above interest you? Well how about fundraising? You can set up your own fundraising project and donate the funds to ISF. Check their website out for more details.
Before I leave you, here is a video message from Ian himself about ISF.
Bye for now, Liverpool Girl.xo